Birds & Words

Friday, August 6, 2010

A six pack of happiness....... or something

My son works in a great restaurant (Poppy's on the river, try it!) and brings home these six packs of exotic beers. I started eyeing all those six packs (they ARE made of paper!!) and thought they might make a fun project. So I started by sanding and painting the carton with acrylic paints.
I used Claudine Hellmuth's Studio line of paints. I stamped Tim Holtz super large flourish in alabaster chalk ink.
And let the embellishment begin! This one will house jars and spray bottles on my desk.

I made another one for a friend who came and stayed with us in June. I put a water bottle, a bottle of lotion, a rolled up T-shirt and some other things in the sections for her for a hostess gift.
Interested in a class? Call the store..... we'll make it happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment