Birds & Words

Thursday, March 24, 2011

No Baby Paper!!!

I just didn't have any; I don't keep birthday paper, baby paper, graduation paper, wedding paper, etc., etc., etc.!!
So I made some.
Here's the wrapped gift.   First I had to take two pieces of newsprint and tape them together to make the wrapping sheet large enough to cover the package.  Then I used  Tim Holtz's Shabby Fern grungy flourish stamp and Wild Honey ink to stamp all over the paper.
Close up of the topper:  I hid the seam where I joined the two pieces of newsprint with a sage satin ribbon from my stash.  I stamped some scrap paper with the same stamp and ink, then cut and layered Tattered Florals flowers and Tatttered Leaves to create a topping for the package.
Obviously couldn't stop, so I made a card to match.  I really love the "family" stamp for a baby card.  Sticking to my philosophy that "dull women have ordinary envelopes", I stamped a flourish on the envelope, and I'm done.  I'll deliver this one this weekend!  The gift, not the baby.  ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment