Birds & Words

Friday, September 9, 2011

Jumpstart Christmas - Day 5

The last card for the Jumpstart Christmas series.  I did the entire series without ANY red or green, so I thought I should at least add a little red tone for this last one.  I used Aged Mahogany and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I love how the Vintage Photo suggests dessert sands for these magi.  (Did you know the Bible doesn't ever say there are three wise men?  It mentions three gifts, but we don't know how many wise men there were.)
 The background here was a really interesting process.  I used Pickett Fence Distress Stain on black cardstock.  The result is a very chalky, gray look.  The focal points of the card don't get overpowered by the background.  I added some Shabby Fern flourishes with Queen's Gold embossing powder.
Stop in Friday, September 16 to make one.  Mention this blog and your make & take is FREE. 

Oh, and Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment