Birds & Words

Monday, May 13, 2013

Distress Reinker Storage

Another of my finds at the Crossroads Sale was this sweet little storage chest. I love the glass doors that keep everything tidy, but visually accessible.
Lately I've been on a reorganization tear. Maybe its just that spring cleaning bug, but I feel the need!! Until now, I've kept my Distress Reinkers (and all other reinkers, but I have a LOT of Distress Reinkers) in a very sweet, cloth covered little cheese box. Very sweet, but really hard to get to my reinkers and really hard to see the colors. So I came up with this system and I think I'm going to like it.



I typed an alphabetical list of all 48 Distress colors and arranged them into groups of 6. I taped the labels to the back of the little cabinet. I staggered them so they are arranged directly in back of the reinkers on that row.



Then I lined the reinkers up single file, 6 at a time, and placed them in the cabinet starting with the one at the back. Then, I took a piece of pattered paper and cut it 6 x 6, scoring it at 3". I folded on the score and taped down the L shaped paper. It keeps the reinkers from falling all over.



I love the way this little unit keeps some of the things that I need, but don't use every single day, tidy and accessible!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Fall River,Estes Park,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment