Birds & Words

Monday, May 30, 2011

Notebooks

I've been reading (and rereading!) a book called One Thousand Gifts: a Dare to Live Fully by Ann Voskamp.  I'm captured by the book.  Its very well written and its message is important.  The author begins to actively look for gifts from God and, when she looks, she finds them.  She records her findings in a journal she keeps on her kitchen counter.

This is the inspiration for these notebooks.  I've used Tim's ring binders and BoBunny's Gabrielle collection of papers to complete these notebooks.  I WILL be making more.  They turn out beautifully and are sized nicely to tuck away in your purse or tote bag.

Eucharisteo.  This word is with me.  Its where we get our expression "eucharist" from.  The Bible says that Jesus took the bread and broke it and eucharisteo; gave thanks.  This is a gratitude journal.
Here's another notebook I made just for notekeeping.  I used Tim's Kraft Resist paper pad (aMAZing) and his printer's blocks (equally aMAZing!). 

I'm doing a notebook class on Saturday.  You can learn to construct your own notebook with any paper you like, embellishing the cover as you please.  (Class materials include the notebook and pre-selected paper; you get to go crazy with paper & embellishments when you make your own at home!)
Call the shop (970.577.1415) or email (cheryl@RMMemories.com) to sign up.
Hope to see you Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. I love them. I want the blue one. I know you teach people how to make them, but I still want it. :) Have you finished the book?
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...you are so clever! Wish I could come to class! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete